Monday, March 24, 2008

Roma!

Spring Break in Italy was AMAZING!!!! I spent 4 days in Rome and 2 in Venice. I flew into Rome first with Katie (in the middle) and Lindsay (on the right). We stayed in an "interesting" hostel called the Roma Inn. The location was great, it was only a few blocks from the Colosseum, and right outside the Metro stop, but that was about the only positive thing I can say about it. Our room was tiny and smelly, and we had to share a bathroom with about 15 other people, but I guess that is all part of the experience.

The next day we went to the Colosseum and I can honestly say that it is breath taking. It is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. We also went and took a tour of the Roman Forum. I got to see all the ruins, and what was left of ancient Rome.

After the Forum tour we took off for Venice. We spent 2 days in Venice, but i will talk about that in the next post.

Once we got back to Rome (and the lovely Roma Inn) we spent the next few days seeing the Vatican, Trevi fountain, the Spanish Steps and eating LOTS of gelato. The food was amazing. We ate lots of pizza (everything from margarita to eggplant) in little sidewalk cafes, and found an amazing gelato shop that we ended up visiting about 3 times a day!







No comments: